Hi Uwe,

RGui does have advantages vs. RStudio, and vice-versa.

RStudio is much faster than it used to be.

I currently have .R files associated with RStudio, i.e. in File Explorer
if I double-click on a .R file it opens in the editor in RStudio as an R
script.

In File Explorer if I right-click on a .R file, Open with, I get the
Store or choose another app.
If I choose R for Windows GUI Front-end, RGui (64-bit) opens, but no .R
file, in the editor.
If I choose RStudio the .R file opens in the editor in RStudio as an R
script.

 From the adaptation, if I choose R for Windows GUI Front-end, will the
.R file open in RGui (64-bit) within the editor?

I have a new Windows PC and maybe, at least for the time being, it's
best for me to have them associated with RStudio.

Although, yes, I agree, it should be naturally implemented in R, having
installed RStudio.

thanks,
Amarjit