Hi,

why would this simple procedure not work?

--- snip ---
mydf <- data.frame(id_station = 1234, string_data = c(2024, 12, 1, 0, 0),
rainfall_value= 55)

mydf$string_data <- as.factor(mydf$string_data)

values<-as.integer(levels(mydf$string_data))

for (i in 1:length(values)) {
        assign(paste("VAR_", i, sep=""), values[i])
}

--- snip ---

Best,

Kimmo