Às 13:27 de 07/04/2024, javad bayat escreveu:
Dear all;
I have a question about the water level of a reservoir, when the volume
changed or doubled.
There is a DEM file with the highest elevation 1267 m. The lowest elevation
is 1230 m. The current volume of the reservoir is 7,000,000 m3 at 1240 m.
Now I want to know what would be the water level if the volume rises to
1250 m? or what would be the water level if the volume doubled (14,000,000
m3)?

Is there any way to write codes to do this in R?
I would be more than happy if anyone could help me.
Sincerely

Hello,

This is a simple rule of three.
If you know the level l the argument doesn't need to be named but if you know the volume v then it must be named.

water_level <- function(l, v, level = 1240, volume = 7e6) {
  if(missing(v)) {
    volume * l / level
  } else level * v / volume
}

lev <- 1250
vol <- 14e6

water_level(l = lev)
#> [1] 7056452
water_level(v = vol)
#> [1] 2480

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

--
Este e-mail foi analisado pelo software antivírus AVG para verificar a presença
de vírus.