Dear R-help,

Hope this email finds you well. My name is Ziyan. I am a graduate student in
Zhejiang University. My subject research involves ks.test in stats-package
{stats}. Based on the code,  I have two main questions. Could you provide me
some more information?

I download different versions of the r language source code through r language
website (https://www.r-project.org/). By reading
R-4.3.3/src/library/stats/R/ks.test.R, I encounter the following problem:
before call the default psmirnov function (in two-sample case), z <- NULL.
According to the T and F the TIES, determines the value of z assigned to w or
not. However, when psmirnov is called, z=w is always used. I am curious whether
the TIES parameter can be omitted.

Compared with the previous ks.test, such as version 4.1.3, the method of
calculating p value in version 4.3.3 has changed a lot. ks.test() now provides
exact p-values also with ties. For the psmirnov_exact_uniq_upper function in
the ks.c file (R-4.3.3/src/stats/src/ks.c), could you please provide some
details for the mathematical basis used to calculate the p-value? If you could
provide me with some references, I would be grateful .

Thank you for your patience. I am eagerly awaiting your response.

Best,
Ziyan