Hi R enthusiasts,

I am happy to announce a new package available on CRAN: fastTS
(https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/fastTS/). fastTS is especially useful
for large time series with exogenous features and/or complex seasonality (i.e.
with multiple modes), allowing for possibly high-dimensional feature sets. The
method can also facilitate inference on exogenous features, conditional on a
series' autoregressive structure. The regularization-based method is
considerably faster than competitors, while often producing more accurate
predictions. See our open-access publication for more information:
https://doi.org/10.1177/1471082X231225307

The package has several vignettes, one of which is an detailed walkthrough of
an application to an (included) data set consisting of an hourly series of
arrivals into the University of Iowa Emergency Department with concurrent local
temperature.

If you encounter any issues or would like to make contributions, please do so
via the package's GitHub page: https://github.com/petersonR/fastTS

Best,
Ryan

Ryan Peterson
Assistant Professor
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Colorado - Anschutz Medical Campus