On 8/1/2008 12:39 PM, Richard Chandler wrote:
Hi,

I am getting the following error when using R CMD INSTALL ever since I
upgraded to R-2.7.1:

hhc: not found
CHM compile failed: HTML Help Workshop not intalled?

As indicated, the package is installed but without CHM help files. I
have downloaded the latest version of Rtools and I have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling HTML Help Workshop. I have also tried
rebuilding the package several times. I was able to build and install
the package without problems with R-2.7.0.

I believe that's a warning rather than an error, but what it indicates is that your hhc help compiler is not on the current PATH. If you just type "hhc" at the same command line where you were running "R CMD INSTALL", you should see

Usage:   hhc <filename>
    where <filename> = an HTML Help project file
Example: hhc myfile.hhp

but I'm guessing you'll see

hhc: not found

To fix this, edit the PATH, and make sure the directory holding hhc.exe is on it.

Duncan Murdoch

Any ideas? Thanks.

Richard

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          7.1
year           2008
month          06
day            23
svn rev        45970
language       R
version.string R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)