Rachel Schwartz wrote:
Thanks Erik, almost worked! I am a mac user and for some reason View worked perfectly for my PC using friend, but
doesn't for me.

When I tried:
 > mat=matrix(1:10,ncol=2)
 > mat
     [,1] [,2]
[1,]    1    6
[2,]    2    7
[3,]    3    8
[4,]    4    9
[5,]    5   10
 > View(mat)

I get no error message, but nothing happens (besides spinning ball of death) and I have to force quit R. I tried
a couple different variations but still no success with using View.

Suggestions?

Not from me, no Mac here. Maybe someone else? Or else there is a Mac specific list, R-SIG-Mac, google for it.