I understand that Rcmdr needs the tcltk package in order to run.
However, when I attempt to using the library (Rcmdr) command, I get
the message below.
I have attempted to start X in R as well as using starting it from
the Utilities folder on my Mac to no avail. I can't figure out if
there is an issue with X11 or with R itself (I just updated to 1Is
there a terminal command I can use to start X so that I can run Rcmdr?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Versions/2.7/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/
library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/
lib/libX11.6.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/
Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so
   Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'Rcmdr' was built under R version 2.7.2
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded

Davia Cox Downey
Doctoral Student/Research Assistant
Global Urban Studies Program &
Department of Political Science