Thanks for your answer.

It is intended, that the variables are treated as class factor, because
these are binary variables with, for example, the presence or the absence of
a plant organ.
As far as I understood, I have to treat them for other calculations as
factor. Therefore I classified these variables as factors in my original
dataframe.

If I do what you suggested, I have to change the classes of all my
variables. Is there a possibility to do something similar without changing
the classes?

B.

-----