cls59 wrote:
On a related note... does anyone know good resources for binding a C++
program to the R library?

I am thinking of writing an R GUI in Qt. I use a Mac and have looked at the
Coca GUI source which binds Objective C to R. However, there is a lot of
extra stuff going on- tab completion, function previewing, brace completion
etc. All this makes it difficult to separate out the essence of running an R
session inside a window.

Basically, I would like to start with just a plain vanilla R session running
inside a Qt widget. Any suggestions?

There is an RQt package (http://www.omegahat.org/RQt) which provides
the framework for using Qt objects within R. It illustrates how the bindings should be programmed, provides event handling using R functions, and deals with the Qt meta object structure.

I expect that I will generate the bindings for the entire Qt library
within the next few months.

 D.

Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate