What OS, which 'menu'? Is it my imagination or does the posting guide no lomger ask you for 'at a minimum' the output of sessionInfo() ?

Rgui (for Windows) has used dependencies=NA (sic, the default for install.packages) since late 2006. And if you meant the MacOS R.app, that has a separate version number from R itself (and a separate mailing list, r-sig-mac).