On 11/7/2008 12:08 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to plot a map of the pacific ocean, centered on the dateline, using
the maps package.

library(maps) # Basic library to draw maps
library(mapdata)# Library with specialized maps
library(mapproj)

map(database = "world", fill = TRUE, col = 1, plot = TRUE,add=F, xlim = c(120,300), ylim = c(-20,40))

I tried several different combinations of coordinates, but whatever I try, it
doesn't plot anything past the dateline.
Is there a way to plot a map like the one attached, with this package ?

Use the world2 (or world2Hires, from mapdata) database.

Duncan Murdoch