Dear all,

I'm writing a code that requires Bessel functions with complex argument.
Searching the list, I found the continuation of a thread I initiated a few
months ago:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e4/devel/08/03/0746.html

As I understand, the most promising option would be to use the fortran or C
implementation of Amos,

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=214331&dl=GUIDE&coll=GUIDE&CFID=9717168&CFTOKEN=75957024

Sadly, my limited programming skills don't include any knowledge of fortran,
and I have never managed to link external code to R functions (i'm missing a
simple example based tutorial, R-ext overwhelms me with information).

A few questions for anyone interested:

- Does the aforementioned fortran code lends itself to an easy interfacing
with R? (in other words, do I stand a chance in less than 10 years?)

- Is anyone willing to help me with this? The package is hosted on R-forge
and i could take care of the documentation, etc.

- Is there a package I've missed that already implements this? (one can
dream)

Many thanks,

baptiste

Baptiste AuguiƩ