Hi R users,

I am doing some image analysis and I'd like to know if anyone knows of:

1. a way to specify a rectangle (using xy coordinates) within an image to
have R evaluate using xy pixel coordinates and

2.  a way to get brightness readings for that part of the image.

If there's some way to crop the image using 2x2 xy coordinates, for instance
in the EBImage package, that would work as well.

Thanks!