Marcelo Perlin wrote:
Hi Guys,

Recently I wrote a package for dealing with Markov Switching Regressions in
R and it is included in the Rmetrics project.

https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/rmetrics/

Everything works fine when I use it in computer.

But, the package depends on the use of optimization functions from the
package Rdonlp2, which is not available on CRAN.
So, if I have Rdonlp2 in my laptop (or any computer) I can load the package
and it works fine.

But, the problem Im having is that when I submit the package to R-Forge, the
R-Forge system try to build it (Rcm -build ... ) and outputs a error message
saying that Rdonlp2 is not found. This means that its not possible to get,
from the internet, the package I wrote with install.package(...).

Did anyone had a simillar problem ? Any suggestions for a workaround or
solution ?

Well, if others should be able to use your package, they will probably also need "Rdonlp2". How are those others supposed to get it? I fear you will need to make it available as well - and if you are not the authors, convince its author to make it available.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Thanks for your help!

Regards,