Folks,

I am creating a small package which builds just fine but fails the check
during the installation phase, as it can not find the files I am
source()ing:

    cannot open file 'c:\PROGRA~1\R\R-28~1.0\library\nla\nlamets.r': No
such file or directory

The path to the files are predicated on the package being already
installed, for example:

    if(!(exists('codeLocation'))) {
        codeLocation <- paste(Sys.getenv("R_HOME"), "\\library\\nla\\",
sep="")
    }
    source(paste(codeLocation,'nlamets.r',sep=''))

So it can't install the package because the package isn't installed yet.
At this point, specifying a file path for a package looks like a
chicken/egg problem.  Is there a more appropriate means for specifying
file paths in source(), or am I overlooking something even simpler?

Thank you for your help,
cur

--
Curt Seeliger, Data Ranger
Raytheon Information Services - Contractor to ORD