When I do it on a Mac installation I get:

Help for the topic "memory" was not found.

Is that a Linux-specific function? Or perhaps you meant to type:

?Memory

Which does produce useful information.

-- David Winsemius

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 Patched (2008-11-14 r46932)
i386-apple-darwin9.5.0

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] grid stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

other attached packages:
[1] vcd_1.2-1        colorspace_1.0-0 MASS_7.2-45      rattle_2.4.0

[1] tools_2.8.0

On Jan 6, 2009, at 6:43 AM, Simon Pickett wrote:

type

?memory

into R and that will explain what to do...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edwin Sendjaja" <edw...@web.de>