Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
 <Richard.Cotton <at> hsl.gov.uk> writes:
I'm running OpenBUGS model via the R2WinBUGS package interface, under Windows. Is it possible to terminate running models, short of using the Windows Task Manager to forcibly exit the program?

If you use OpenBUGS, then I guess you can not since R2WinBUGS just passes a call
to BRugs and there is no way to stop that process or maybe it is - take a look
in the list of processes. If you use WinBUGS, then you can safely "kill" it and
R will not terminate.

As explained in a private mail already, there is no way:
OpenBUGS's BRugs.dll is loaded dynamically by BRugs and hence there is no separate process. OpenBUGS also does not look out for interrupts / exceptions and just samples along. Please send any requests to the OpenBUGS developers.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

gg