Dear R-list!

My question is related to an Anova including within and between subject factors and unequal group sizes.
Here is a minimal example of what I did:

library(car)
within1 <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6,4,5,3,2); within2 <- c(3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,5,4)
values <- data.frame(w1 = within1, w2 = within2)
values <- as.matrix(values)
between <- factor(c(rep(1,4), rep(2,6)))
betweenanova <- lm(values ~ between)
with <- expand.grid(within = factor(1:2))
withinanova <- Anova(betweenanova, idata=with, idesign= ~as.factor(within), type = "III" )

I do not know if this is the appropriate method to deal with unbalanced designs.

I observed, that SPSS calculates everything identically except the main effect of the within factor, here, the SSQ and F-value are very different If selecting the option "show means", the means for the levels of the within factor in SPSS are the same as:
mean(c(mean(values$w1[1:4]),mean(values$w1[5:10]))) and
mean(c(mean(values$w2[1:4]),mean(values$w2[5:10]))).
In other words, they are calculated as if both groups would have the same size.

I wonder if this is a good solution and if so, how could I do the same thing in R? However, I think if this is treated in SPSS as if the group sizes are identical, then why not the interaction, which yields to the same result as using Anova()?

Many thanks in advance for your time and help!