Dear List,
Please find an interview from Michael Zeller ,CEO, Zementis. Mike talks
about how to use an existing model ( created in R) , using PMML as an
intermediate for exporting the model, and deploying it on a cloud computer
for as low as 1 $ per hour.

Regards,

Ajay

*Ajay-* *What are the traditional rivals to scoring solutions offered by
you. How does ADAPA compare to each of them. Case Study- Assume I have 50000
leads daily on a Car buying website. How would ADAPA help me in scoring the
model ( created say by KXEN or , R or,SAS, or SPSS).What would my
approximate cost advantages be if I intend to mail say the top 5 deciles
everyday.*

*Michael-* Some of the traditional scoring solutions used today are based on
SAS, in-database scoring like Oracle, MS SQL Server, or very often even
custom code.  ADAPA is able to import the models from all tools that support
the PMML standard, so any of the above tools, open source or commercial,
could serve as an excellent development environment.

The key differentiators for ADAPA are simple and focus on cost-effective
deployment:

1) Open Standards - PMML & SOA:

Freedom to select best-of-breed development tools without being locked into
a specific vendor;  integrate easily with other systems.

2) SaaS-based Cloud Computing:

Delivers a quantum leap in cost-effectiveness without compromising on
scalability.

In your example, I assume that you'd be able to score your 50,000 leads in
one hour using one ADAPA engine on Amazon.  Therefore, you could choose to
either spend US$100,000 or more on hardware, software, maintenance, IT
services, etc., write a project proposal, get it approved by management, and
be ready to score your model in 6-12 monthsÂ…

OR, you could use ADAPA at something around US$1-$2 per day for the scenario
above and get started today!  To get my point across here, I am of course
simplifying the scenario a little bit, but ...........

http://www.decisionstats.com/2009/02/interview-michael-zeller-ceozementis/

Read more at www.decisionstats.com ( and if server is slow..it will be slow
:( ) read it in www.smartdatacollective.com

Note-Decision Stats is a non commercial ,non sponsored, non advertising
site, and platform agnostic.