Hello all,

I hope some of you can come to my rescue, yet again.

I have two genetic datasets, and I want one of the datasets to have only the
columns that are in common with the other dataset.
Here is a toy example (my real datasets have hundreds of columns):

Dataset 1:

Individual    SNP1    SNP2    SNP3    SNP4    SNP5
1    A    G    T    C    A
2    T    C    A    G    T
3    A    C    T    C    A

Dataset 2:

Individual    SNP1    SNP3    SNP5    SNP6    SNP7
4    A    T    T    G    C
5    T    A    A    G    G
6    A    A    T    C    G

I want Dataset1 to have only columns that are also represented in Dataset 2,
i.e., I want to generate a new Dataset 3 that looks like this:

Individual    SNP1    SNP3    SNP5
1    A    T    A
2    T    A    T
3    A    T    A

Does anyone know how I could do this? Keep in mind that this is not a simple
merge, as in the "merge" function.

Thanks very much for your help everyone.
Josh B.