Hi, I've been trying to prepare some crosstables for some survey questions for a client. I have been using the CrossTable function in the gmodels package. However, this command only seems to be able to create CrossTables in text documents.

I've been trying to use odfTable in odfweave to create tables that are standalone objects in the document that I can then convert to other formats, copy and paste and do whatever with.

The problem is no matter how I try to get the CrossTable into the odfTable, i either get an error message saying there is no appropriate method for odfTable or the table is inproperly formatted.

The closest I get is the improperly formatted table from these commands.

x <- capture.output(CrossTable(data.frame[["var1"]],data.frame["var2"]]))

I should probably mention that I like to put the column percentages generated by the CrossTable function into the table. I find it easier to explain the tables to people when I have the column percentages in the table. I also put the p-value from the chisq test in the command, but I don't mind using the chisq command to insert the p-value after the table if necessary.

Honestly, I'm not even married to using odfTable. All I'm looking for is a nicely formatted table, that is a standalone object, that I can copy and paste and convert at will, and that contains the column percentages in the table.

Optionally, and lastly I would like to have the p-value of the chisq test appendended to the end of the table.

How do others output CrossTables tables in R. I would do it by hand, but keep in mind I actually have many tables (I'm dealing with 4 similar data sets here), so I would like these tables to be created automatically and the command should be useable from within a for loop.

Thank You So,

PJ