Hi

interesting blog!

not strictly relevant, but there are various
number-theoretic functions implemented
in the elliptic package which
you might find useful.

best wishes

Robin

murali.me...@fortisinvestments.com wrote:
Folks,
I put up a brief note describing my naive attempts to compute Goldbach
partitions, starting with a brute-force approach and refining
progressively. http://jostamon.blogspot.com/2009/02/goldbachs-comet.html I'd welcome your suggestions on improvements, alternatives, other optimisations, esp. to do with space vs time tradeoffs. Is this an example interesting enough for pedagogical purposes, do you think? Please advise. Cheers, MM

Robin K. S. Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst
University of Cambridge
19 Silver Street