Dear Lists,
This is an off topic (OT ).

I recently took Anne Milley's interview .In Part 1 of the interview , Anne
talks about SAS, WPS, other softwares she studied like SPSS,.She also talks
about the difference between small and big companies , what sets SAS apart
and the famous licensing model of SAS

Interview – Anne Milley, SAS Part 1<http://smartdatacollective.com/Home/16909>

Anne Milley has been a part of SAS Institute’s core strategy team.

She was in the news recently with an article by the legendary Ashlee Vance
in the Bits Blog of  New York Times
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/sas-warms-to-open-source-one-letter-at-a-time/

In the article,  Ms. Milley said, “I think it addresses a niche market for
high-end data analysts that want free, readily available code. We have
customers who build engines for aircraft. I am happy they are not using
freeware when I get on a jet.”

To her credit, Ms. Milley addressed some of the critical comments head-on in
a subsequent blog
post<http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/r-you-ready-for-r/>
.

This sparked my curiosity in knowing Anne ,and her perspective more than
just a single line quote and here is an interview. This is part 1 of the
interview

*Ajay -Describ.....*

Read more at http://smartdatacollective.com/Home/16909 and at
http://www.decisionstats.com/  <http://www.decisionstats.com/>
(my server would be slower .It has no ads ,sponsors etc..)

Regards,

Ajay

Please use comments section for comments.