Matthieu Stigler wrote:
Jim Lemon a écrit :
Matthieu Stigler wrote:
Hello

I looked on the archives but did not find answer for that...

Running R CMD check for a package, i get an error:

Error in parse(n = -1, file = file) : unexpected symbol at
3341: }

But how can I find which file is guilty? What is this 3342 referring to?

Finally the solution I found is to source() every file until I find the file where the problem is... Is there some better way to do it? With a debuger? thanks a lot!

Hi Matthieu,
My understanding (and I may get clipped up alongside the head if I'm wrong) is that R concatenates all the source code into one big file hen checking and the number is the line number in that file. The error message may mean that you have an extra right parenthesis in that line (or very near to).

yes I think you are right, as I received similar answer from Uwe Liggs:

Given I remember correctly without looking into the details:
It is the line number in the concatenated file (of all your .R files, by default sorted in a C locale).

Uwe added, there is no method known to him to determine in which file

NO, I said something different (maybe my English is too bad so you misunderstood):

I said I'd use your method of source()ing all files separately (i.e. using a for loop) and looking which file fails (with curretn versions of R) and I said that R-devel (i.e. the current development version of R) tells you in which file the error is.
So please try R-devel to be R-2.9.0 in roughly 1-2 months.

Uwe Ligges

the problem is, and he recommended to post to r-devel. I'll do in a while if there is no answer in r-help, to avoid cross-posting.

Thanks to both of you!

Matthieu
Jim