To r-help Forum:

I have downloaded R 2.8.1 and stalled it on my WinXP platform in folder:

"C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin\R.exe"

R has worked properly with my data files and packages, which one call, past.
However, this week I decided to move the data files and packages to
different location:

"C:\SIDATA"

Now I am experiencing crashes in R and I receive the following error
messages:

"Error: object 'as.zoo' not found whilst loading namespace 'past'"

This message is followed by:

"Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .Rdata"

Yet. when run I R from command line by clicking the following sequence,
"start", "run", "open" and enter the location of "C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin\R.exe", the program works properly from the Rterm
screen.

Please advise me on how to correct this problem since my preferred way of
using R from GUI interface.

Looking forward to recommendations from this forum on how to correct this
problem.

Best regards,

Andy