Hi,

I'm pretty new to R and VERY new to RExcel.  I've just finished setting
it up and I'm having some problems.  My first Issue is that if I attempt
to use a function like RApply("sum", A1:A4) from within excel it gives
me an error saying "There seems to be no R process connected to the
server" I can then see an R Console open up and I get a message saying R
Server not available.  The weird thing is that the r console that opens
up is R 2.7.1 and I did all of the installation of rcom and rexcel on R
2.7.2.  I've tried uninstalling 2.7.1 but I get an error saying that it
can not find the unistall file.  Is it possilbe that When I installed R
2.7.2 I did something wrong that is causing this problem?  If I start
running R2.7.2 and then open excel and try using Rapply it works
perfectly but I don't want to have to manually start R every time.

The second question I have is in regards to using RApply to call R
functions which rely on functions in other libraries.  I've resorted to
creating a function in my excel file which looks something like...

Cell         Function

A1           getLibs<-function(){

A2           library(MBESS)

A3           library(corpcor)

A4           }

B1           =rproc(A1:A4)

C1           =rApply("getLibs")

Is their a better way to go about accomplishing this?  Thanks in advance
for any insights you have either of these quesitons

Ben

This message and any attached documents contain
information which may be confidential, subject to
privilege or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. These materials are solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, you are hereby
notified that any distribution, disclosure, printing,
copying, storage, modification or the taking of any
action in reliance upon this transmission is strictly
prohibited. Delivery of this message to any person
other than the intended recipient shall not
compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege
or exemption from disclosure as to this
communication.

please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message from your system.