It is unclear what you really want so here are two solutions to two different questions:

> A <- matrix(c(0,1,2,0,1,0,1,2,3,4), ncol=1)
      [,1]
 [1,]    0
 [2,]    1
 [3,]    2
 [4,]    0
 [5,]    1
 [6,]    0
 [7,]    1
 [8,]    2
 [9,]    3
[10,]    4

> A[A[,1] %in% c(2,1,4) , ]
[1] 1 2 1 1 2 4
# the value of the entries in the rows where that attains.
# not interesting in itself other than allowing a count,
# but possibly useful if you were interested in a matrix with more columns

> which(A[,1] %in% c(2,1,4) )
[1]  2  3  5  7  8 10
#the row numbers where membership in that set occurs.