Richardson, Patrick wrote:
Uwe,

I deleted "gregmisc" from by library folder and ran update.packages() again and
I still get the same error:

package 'fBasics' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2L], foundpkgs[okp, 1L], lib) : malformed bundle DESCRIPTION file, no Contains field

I am lost where this comes from.

So, can you then please grep through all DESCRIPTION files in your library for "bundle" and tell me in which DESCRIPTION files this is present.

Or even better: Can you try to debug yourself from which DESCRIPTION file it comes from?

I'd set
  options(error=recover)
and then go into the unpackPkg environment and check the actual objects therein.

Thank you and best wishes,
uwe

Best regards,

Patrick