Hi Greg,

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but
I get the same error (on both ubuntu and fedora linux, R 2.9) and just found a very curious behaviour - snowfall apply functions don't like the variable name "c".

E.g.:

c<-1
sfLapply(1:10, exp)

issues the same error you had posted, while subsequent

rm("c")
sfLapply(1:10, exp)

runs fine.

Rainer