Hi Mike.
In the plotting you do, there are usually parameters in the function you use
to help you add text to the plot.
for example:
par(mfrow = c(2, 2))
plot(x, sub = "text in the bottom", main = "text in top", ylab = "text to
the side of the axis", xlab = "text to the bottom of the axis")
plot(y) # this one is without the text, but
text(...) # you can add text inside the plot with the "text" command

make sure to read:
? plot
? text
? <the name of plotting function you use>

Cheers,
Tal

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM, MikSmith <m...@hsm.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm a relative newbie to R and had a query concerning plotting. I have
> generated a par(mfrow = c(2, 2)) graphic with 10 rose diagrams using
> circular. What I wanted to add to each individual plot was "n = x" for the
> number of data observations in each dataset. How might I go about doing
> this??
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

My contact information: