christophe dutang wrote:
Hi,

I would like to draw arrows in a classic 2D plot. Which package should I
use? is there R base functions that do job?

On google, I could not find any useful discussion about this topic, except a
link to the function 'grid.arrows' of the grid package.

My problem is I would like to draw arrows at the edge of circles drawn by
the 'symbols' function. Maybe there is already a dedicated function for
this?

Any help is appreciated.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,
If you are trying to do what I think you are trying to do, consider drawing the arrow first, with the starting point at the center of the circle, then draw the circle with a fill color the same as the background. This should give you a circle with a nice radial arrow emerging from the edge.

Jim