On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Ronggui Huang <ronggui.hu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I use gtkImageFromFile to display an image. Then I want to do some
> gsignal to handle mouse event. I click the mouse and move a another
> position and release. I can get the position of the firs click and the
> release position,  then I would to draw a rectangle to display the
> region I have selected. I need some hints on what functions should I
> look for. I tried to google but don't know how.

The GtkImage widget is just for showing images. If you want to start doing
interactive graphics, I'd suggest moving to the more general GtkDrawingArea
widget and connecting to the expose-event signal. You can then use GdkPixbuf
for loading and drawing the image onto the drawing area. And then draw a
rectangle on top with gdkDrawRectangle().

See demos drawingArea and images.

Michael