Dear r-helpers,

An editor has suggested that I use bar plots to capture an interaction of two 2-level factors and an interaction of a 2 by 3 factorial experiment. (It would seem that there's a fear that someone might try to interpolate between, e.g., 'male' and 'female'.) In general it seems to me that an interaction plot with lines is easier to read, and not likely to mislead. Does anyone know if and where this has been discussed?

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
      McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/