From: Kjetil Halvorsen [mailto:kjetilbrinchmannhalvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:16 AM
To: Zheng, Xin (NIH) [C]
Cc: r-help@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] R's documentation

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Zheng, Xin (NIH) [C]
<zheng...@mail.nih.gov<mailto:zheng...@mail.nih.gov>> wrote:
Sometimes I get confused with R's documentation. It seems the documents is not
maintained and updated well. Anyone has similar feeling? I don't mean to offend
anyone. I hope R would get better and better. But documentation is really one
very important factor which could attract people coming or drive people away.

¿Do you have any specific example? Without examples it is difficult to say
much.
¿Do you refer to the core part of R, or to contributed packages?

My impression is that when some functions are changed, the documentation is
generally
changed at the same time. And I am sure that is the goal, so if you know a case
where it did not happen you should
file a bug report.

kjetil

Xin Zheng