> ... I saw my friend has a R Console window which has automatic syntax
> reminder when he types in the first a few letters of R command. ...

You might be thinking of JGR (Jaguar) at
http://jgr.markushelbig.org/JGR.html . This editor also prompts you with
function argument lists, including for functions that you wrote.  It's a
very nice editor, but currently lacks the overall function of Tinn-R. Even
so, I have it on my desktop.  The RUnit package is a good start at a
standalone test harness, and I'm looking forward to additional
capabilities as it matures.

There is no IDE for R in the same way that there is for other languages --
something that supports integrated versioning, debugging and testing,
perhaps using Eclipse.  Boy howdee, I hope someone knows otherwise.

cur

--
Curt Seeliger, Data Ranger
Raytheon Information Services - Contractor to ORD