Folks,

In brief -- how many of you have found the 'operators' package to be
valuable in their work?

Not that I lack respect for the amount of work involved in creating and
maintaining a package, but I am unsure about the utility of these new
operators.  Several of the operators appear to offer different ways of
accomplishing tasks that are already relatively easy in base R -- regular
expressions, set membership, etc.  Some tasks appear slightly clearer with
these operators, e.g. foo <- letters %without% 'a' is clearer than foo <-
letters[letters != 'a'], but widespread use of the package would require
future developers as well as our our cooperators to be conversant in with
the new operators as well as the common base R idioms.

There is the additional risk of programs using these operators requiring
additional attention if the package is not maintained.

Thank you in advance for any insights,

cur
--
Curt Seeliger, Data Ranger
Raytheon Information Services - Contractor to ORD