Hi there,

I'm trying to remove multiple columns by name from a data.frame. As a
result I need to get back the modified data.frame without the removed
columns. My columns I want to delete are listed in a vector called
"delete".

data <- read.csv2("data.csv")
delete <- c("col1", "col2", "col3")

newData <- subset(data, select = delete)
newData <- data[delete]

If I try one of the above shown solutions, it only gives me back the
columns I want to delete. But I need the exact opposite.

newData <- subset(data, select = -delete)
newData <- data[-delete]

But as I try the way with a minus I'll get the message: "invalid
argument to unary operator"

There must be a simple way to delete all of the columns, but I just
don't get it.
Thanks for your help,
--
Anne Skoeries