Mr. Einstein,

On Jul 27, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Albert EINstEIN wrote:

Hi,
actually while opening R console and R commander we see some packages like car and datasets. in this packages we have default datasets are available.
example: women and prestige like that. now i created a sales dataset
importing from excel, xml or text file. now i want to store that dataset
permanently  in any one of the package like i mentioned above (car or
datasets). now i closed my R session. after some time i opened R console and R commander. Now I will not create again sales dataset.While clicking any
one of package that sales dataset should be found.
if possible please give me the code it will be very helpful for us.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but this is the question I'm going to answer:

How can I include/bundle a dataset with a package that I am developing?

Answer:

Simply save your dataset into an *.rda/*.RData file and place it in the data directory of the package you're developing.

So, for example, let's say you've done so and the name of your file is "TheoryOfRelativity.rda".Once the package is installed (and loaded(?)), you can load the datafile it by calling:

data(TheoryOfRelativity)

====

I'm not sure that saving your own data file into *some random* package's data directory is a good idea, or what you're asking, but you can do that, too. Just specify the package you need to load it from.

For example, if I saved 'TheoryOfRelativity.rda' in the 'nnet' package's data directory (for some weird reason). You can load it like so:

load(TheoryOfRelativity, package='nnet')

HTH,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou