On 08/04/2009 10:02 PM, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Vitalie S.<vitosm...@rambler.ru>  wrote:
Dear UseRs,

I declared a `$` method for a S4 class. Can I have ab automatic completion
for this operator in R? Lists and environment objects provide this feature
by default, but my object is an extension of "function" class which does not
have subseting defined. How to be?

Completion should be automatic if you define names() to return the valid names.

-Deepayan

Hi,

Shouldn't this be delegated to a custom method. ie :

complete <- function( x, ... ){
        UseMethod( "complete" )
}
complete.default <- function( x, ... ){
        names( x )
}

or maybe the equivalent S4 incantation.

This would separate the completion from the names, and therefore give more flexibility to class writers.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast