It is not clear that you have read the help page that arise with:

 ?Inf

"Note:

In R, basically all mathematical functions (including basic Arithmetic), are supposed to work properly with +/- Inf and NaN as input or output.

The basic rule should be that calls and relations with Infs really are statements with a proper mathematical limit."

Also:

> Inf+Inf
[1] Inf
> Inf-Inf