Dear all,

Finally, I made it, my RPostgreSQL works. After working through some
tutorials, i was able to plot, get and replace several timeseries.

Still I miss the opportunity (syntax) to add data. Most tutorials are
about: "Download some S&P data from Yahoo and play around a little".
What I want to do is, add data to an existing timeseries. Is there a
possibility to add data ?

For example if I have something like

z <- ts(rnorm(10), start = c(1990, 1), frequency = 1)
seriesNames(z) <- "vec"

I want to add the next 10 years, like

z <- ts(rnorm(10), start = c(2000, 1), frequency = 1)
seriesNames(z) <- "vec"

If I use something TSreplace the new series starting at 2000 just
replaces the existing one instead of just adding another. Is there any
possibility to add data without reading the whole database into R ?

thx in advance

matt

P.S.: some basic TS manipulating manuals are highly appreciated, its
just that i found the more sophisticated ones so far.