Sorry, one more: on OSX, I deleted my old 2.9.2 R.app, and installed the 64
bit version of 2.9.0.  I then did an "install.packages("car")" under my new
2.9.0.  It seems to have worked, but alas, I still get an error that package
'car' was built under R version 2.9.2 .  Where exactly does R under OSX
install its packages?  (is it a bug that another car is loaded?)

PS: do I need to install the car packages under the 64-bit version, or will
it be seen by the 64 bit version if I do a 32-bit install?  Or do I need to
do a double install?  for safety, I did it under the command line version,
which I presume is still 32-bit, and the 64 bit GUI.

PPS: how do I learn which version of R is running?

regards, /iaw

--
Ivo Welch (ivo.we...@brown.edu, ivo.we...@gmail.com)