Martin Morgan wrote:
Jon Olav Skoien wrote:
Hi,

I want to cross-reference from the documentation of pkg1 to pkg2, which
is imported in the NAMESPACE of pkg1, and under Depends in DESCRIPTION
of pkg1. According to "Writing R extensions", this can be done by:
\code{\link{foo}}
when foo is an aliased function in the documentation of pkg2. This works
as it should when I install the package, but when I run R CMD check
pgk1, I get a warning:

* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Missing link(s) in documentation object 'fooPkg1.Rd'
 foo

I have tried to change the link to
\code{\link[pkg2]{foo}}
\code{\link[pkg:pkg2]{foo}}

Hi Jon --

I think the current requirement is \link[pkg2;foo_Rd_file_name]{foo}
where foo_Rd_file_name  is the name (without the .Rd extension) of the
FILE in which foo is documented. This would appear not to be foo.Rd,
because you say \link[pkg2]{foo} fails. This is as documented in Writing
R extensions.
Great, this works, except it needs to be \link[pkg2:foo_Rd_file_name]{foo} (colon instead of semicolon). You are of course right it is described in Writing R extensions, I obviously connected foo, bar and pkg in the wrong ways...

Thanks,
Jon