Dear R-users,

 I am a new user for R. I am eager to lean about it.

I wanted to read and  summary of the  a simple data file

I used the following,

rel <- read.table("C:/Documents and Settings/ashta/My
Documents/R_data/rel.dat", quote="",header=FALSE,sep="",col.names=

c("id","orel","nrel"))

summary(rel)

Below is the error message,

rel <- read.table("C:/Documents and Settings/ashta/My
Documents/R_data/rel.dat", quote="",header=FALSE,sep="",col.names=

+ c("id","orel","nrel"))

Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open the connection

In addition: Warning message:

In file(file, "r") :

  cannot open file 'file=C:/Documents and Settings/sewalem/My
Documents/R_data/rel.dat': Invalid argument

> summary(rel)

Error in summary(rel) : object 'rel' not found

Does it need a library? Where can I get the library?

Any help is highly appreciated

Ashta