and note that if, instead of zip files, you were using gzip files, you could:

conn <- gzfile("file.gz", "rt")
theData <- read.table(conn)
close(conn)

On Sep 22, 2009, at 11:21 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

Linux is a type of UNIX so follow the instructions I gave for UNIX.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
No. My machine is a linux machine.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Gabor Grothendieck