Hi,

I've been trying to set the directory for choose.files as follows:

[R2.9.0 running on XP]

setwd("C:/Documents and Settings/2/Data")
getwd()

infile2 = choose.files(filters = Filters[c("txt","All"),], caption = "Choose ECD datafile")
#<...do a bunch of stuff...>

It appears the working directory isn't updated until after choose.files() executes. getwd() returns the correct path, as set by setwd(), but the path does not appear to be used by choose.files() unless I execute choose.files() a second time.

Help.  Thanks.

Martin