hi,

I am still trying to figure out how it is possible to start an R- script via the R-GUI directly by double-clicking on the script file in windows xp. On Mac OS I have the option "start script in the editor" in the preferences.

But on windows XP I always get the "ARGUMENT 'c:\...\...' ___ignored___" error when I try to associate the .R extension with the R program file.

My problem is that I don't have the possibility to install any other programs.
And the people using the script don't know R.
So its really important to find a way to start a script just by double clicking on the file.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to make a shortcut of the R script and change the start options. I am not familiar with windows - does someone know if that is a possible way to get R code to the R console (in the R gui) on startup?

Or any other clues / tips?

thanks for any help!