In addition to the taskview (below), you might consider using the "sos" package, something like the following:

sa <- ???'spatial autocorrelation' # 58 matches
sc <- ???'spatial correlation' #  181 matches
s. <- sa|sc # union of the to 'findFn' objects
summary(s.) # 224 links in 57 packages
installPackages(s.) # install packages with at least 5 >= sqrt(max(count)) matches writeFindFn2xls(s.) # write an Excel file with 3 sheets: PackageSum2, findFn, call

This tells you that 22 help pages in "spdep" matched the search term, plus 18 pages in each of nlme, ncf, and spatstat, as well as 17 in ramps and 15 in geoR. The "PackageSum2" sheet also provides other information to help you decide which package to consider first.

Beyond this, you may like to uses these functions with other search terms; see vignette('sos') for more information.

Hope this helps. Spencer Disclaimer: I'm the lead author of "sos".

Corey Sparks wrote:
Hi Paulo,
if your data are distance matrices, you might consider doing a Mantel test,
look at the mantel() function in package vegan.  While this is not
technically measuring spatial autocorrelation, it will test for correlation
between the attribute distances and the geographic distances.  Also, if you
can coax your data back into a point shapefile (for example), you can use
the tools in the spdep package which will measure actual spatial
autocorrelation (such as Moran's I and Geary's C). Best,
Corey

silcha wrote:
Hi Paulo,
you may want to take a look at

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html

there, you can find all "spatial" packages that can be useful for your question. There is also a a mailing list R-sig-geo that where you can ask all those kind of question.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers

Anna

Anna Freni Sterrantino