Dear useRs,

I try to import a text file that contain some strange characters coming from
the misinterpretation of foreign language characters by another software
(see below).

Here is an example of text with a line containing characters that bug the
import

name;number
zdsfbg;2
 ;3
dtryjh;4

R do not want to import lines after those strange characters (i.e. import
only the first two lines, one is the header, the second the first line of
data).

I already try to import using other encoding such as latin1 or UTF-8 but it
does not solve the problem.

Replacing those character in a text editor before importing solve the
solution, but I want that the user of my script do not have to edit the text
before the analysis in R.

Any hint ??

Thanks